Sunday, November 19, 2006

On Bama's Fans

Apparently an anonymous Bama student wrote this after being in the student section yesterday.

"The Alabama Student Section at the 2006 Iron Bowl was so rude and classless, I was embarrassed to be wearing my Alabama shirt. College guys were flicking off kids and cursing at them b/c they were just being kids and yelling "War Eagle". The college guys were acting more like children than the actual kids. A guy looked at my sister and said, "They're all b******s!" He said that b/c she was with her husband who is an Auburn fan. How much more classless can you get? I attend the University of Alabama, but I'm not so sure that I'm an actual fan anymore. I have been to many other college football games and I have never seen what I saw Saturday. When the Auburn players' names were called out, Alabama students proceeded to say, "You suck!" after every name. I have never heard that at ANY football game I've ever been to. I hate to say it, but I'm glad Auburn won b/c their fans have a little more class than ANY Alabama fan I've ever met. I have no respect for the Alabama Student section as a whole now. I know that every single college student at Alabama did not act like this Saturday, but for the most part, the student section was an embarrassment."

I have heard quite a few stories about how classless they were. Here is another. Its great to be an Auburn Tiger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was not only the students doing the "You Suck" after the names were called. We had grown men doing it as well. One of them even had a Alabama Championship ring on. How ironic is that?